Last Revised: December 30, 2019
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by the Company offline, or by any third party website not operated by the Company.
II. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, social security number and other information that can be used to identify you (“Personal Information”).
We collect Personal Information directly from you when you provide it to us. For example, the Personal Information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to any services offered on the Website, including the information you provided on any applications, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website, including financial information.
- Your search queries on the Website, if any.
We may also collect certain information automatically when you browse the Website that individually does not identify you, to help us administer and operate the Website and better understand how users access and interact with the Website. Examples of this type of information include:
- Your IP address
- The equipment you use to access our Website
- Browser type and operating system information
- Your state or country from which you accessed the Website
- Your internet service provider
- Number of links you click within the site.
- Date and time of your visit to the Website
- Web page you linked to our site from.
- Pages you viewed on the site.
III. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including Personal Information, for the following business purposes:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or that we believe may be relevant to you, or to respond to your questions or requests;
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices;
- To help us operate the Website;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it;
- To contact you about our goods and services that may be of interest to you;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website;
- To comply with applicable law; or
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
We use aggregated and automatically-collected data to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to do certain things, including but not limited to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
IV. HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share Personal Information that we collect about you as follows:
- With third-party service providers who perform services on our behalf. For example, we may share your Personal Information with credit reporting services when we request a credit report regarding you, and to other potential sources of funding you identify to us. We may share your Personal Information with third parties who assist us with customer support services, who provide IT services, and who otherwise help us provide, maintain, and improve our services;
- In order to investigate, prevent, defend against, or take other action regarding violations of our Terms of Service, illegal activities, suspected fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the legal rights or physical safety of any person or the security of our Website and/or services offered on our Website;
- To protect ourselves against legal liability;
- To respond to claims that any posting or other content violates the rights of third parties;
- With collection agencies, in order to collect on delinquent accounts;
- In an emergency, to protect the health and safety of our Website’s users or the general public; or
- To respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal processes, including requests from law enforcement; and
- In connection with a transaction or proposed transaction involving the transfer of substantially all of the assets of Forward Financing or one or more of its businesses to another entity, whether an affiliate or a third party, or in connection with a bankruptcy.
V. COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
A cookie is a small file, often including a unique identifier, which is sent to your browser from a website and placed on the hard drive of your computer.
We use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies. We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our Website. A session cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your browser’s help file.
We set a persistent cookie to store your passwords, so you don’t have to enter it more than once. Persistent cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our Website. If you choose to turn off cookies on your computer, you may be unable to access certain parts of our Website.
Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For more information about flash cookies, please visit http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html.
Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company to gather website statistics, including but not limited to counting users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail. Other examples include but are not limited to recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity. We may tie this information to Personal Information about you that we collect from other sources or that you provide to us.
We also use Google Analytics to collect information such as your IP address, your internet service provider, the web page you linked to our Website from, and other clicking and browsing behavior, to analyze how users use our Website. You may opt out of Google Analytics by using the browser add-on provided by Google, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
VI. YOUR CHOICES
You are not obligated to provide Personal Information while accessing the Website. However, if you choose not to provide Personal Information through the Website, certain functionalities of the Website may not be available to you and the Company may not be able to provide certain services to you, or respond to your requests. For example, you may not be able to apply for financing online, submit an application for employment, or otherwise access all of the features of the Website.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing emails from us, you can opt out of these communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link included in those emails. This opt out does not apply to communications from the Company as a result of financing you negotiate or receive, responses to calls you have placed to the Company, or other transactions.
VII. USE OF THE WEBSITE BY UNDERAGE INDIVIDUALS
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18, we will use commercially-reasonable efforts to delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
VIII. CHANGES TO YOUR INFORMATION
If you believe any Personal Information we have about you is inaccurate, you may send us an e-mail at email@example.com to request that we correct or delete any inaccurate Personal Information that you have provided to us. We will not accommodate a request to change Personal Information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement, cause the information to be incorrect, or materially hinder our ability to provide you with services or collect an outstanding balance.
IX. CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
X. HOW WE RESPOND TO “DO NOT TRACK” SIGNALS
We take reasonable measures to help protect Personal Information against loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, no system is perfectly secure or guaranteed to be free from unauthorized use or access. Before submitting any Personal Information through the Website, please be aware of these inherent risks and know that you do so at your own risk.
XIII. CONTACT US