CCPA NOTICE AT COLLECTION
FOR CALIFORNIA EMPLOYEES AND JOB APPLICANTS
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Last Updated: December 28, 2020
This CCPA Notice at Collection for California Employees and Job Applicants (“Notice”) is adopted by Forward Financing LLC and its affiliates (collectively, the “Company”) to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA”). This Notice applies solely to current and former employees of the Company who reside in the state of California, and to job applicants applying for employment with the Company who reside in the state of California. Such employees and job applicants who reside in the state of California may be referred to in this Notice as “you” or “your.” Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this Notice.
The Company collects and uses Personal Information for human resources, employment, benefit administration, health and safety, and business-related purposes and to be in legal compliance. Below are the categories of Personal Information the Company collects and the purposes for which the Company intends to use such Personal Information:
- Identifying information, such as your full name, alias, gender, date of birth, signature, Social Security number (SSN), unique personal identifier, online identifier, account name, driver’s license number, and government identification number.
- Demographic data, such as race, ethnic origin, marital status, age, disability, and veteran or military status.
- Contact information, such as your home address, telephone numbers, email addresses, and emergency contact information.
- Dependent’s, family member’s, or other affiliated individual’s information, such as their full name, address, date of birth, SSN, and health insurance and other benefit policy information.
- National identifiers, such as SSN, citizenship, passport and visa information, and immigration status and documentation.
- Educational and professional background, such as your work history, resume, CV, academic and professional qualifications, educational records, references, interview notes, and background check information.
- Employment details, such as your job title, position, hire date, compensation, performance and disciplinary records, vacation and sick leave records, retirement information/planning data, and participation in Company-sponsored programs.
- Financial information, such as banking details, tax information, payroll information, and withholdings.
- Health and safety information, such as health conditions (if relevant to your employment), job restrictions, workplace illness and injury information, and health insurance and other benefit policy information.
- Information Systems (IS) information, such as your search history, browsing history, login information, and internet protocol (IP) addresses on the Company’s information systems and networks.
- Geolocation data, such as time and physical location related to use of an internet website, application, device, or physical access to a Company office location.
- Sensory, visual or surveillance information, such as call monitoring/recording and employee headshots.
- Profile or summary about an employee’s or job applicant’s preferences, characteristics, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, behavior and performance.
The Company collects Personal Information to use or disclose as appropriate to:
- Identify an employee or job applicant personally.
- Communicate with employees and job applicants and provide them with information they request from the Company.
- Recruit and evaluate job applicants and candidates for employment.
- Conduct background checks.
- Manage an employee’s employment relationship with the Company, including for:
- hiring and onboarding processes;
- compensation, timekeeping, payroll, and expense report administration;
- employee benefits administration;
- employee training and development;
- the creation, maintenance, and security of online employee accounts;
- reaching an employee’s emergency contacts when needed, such as when an employee is not reachable or is injured or ill;
- workers’ compensation claims management;
- employee job performance, including goals and performance reviews, promotions, discipline, and termination; and
- other human resources purposes.
- Manage and monitor employee access to Company facilities, equipment, and systems.
- Conduct internal research, audits and workplace investigations.
- Investigate and enforce compliance with and potential breaches of Company policies and procedures.
- Engage in corporate transactions requiring review of employee records, such as for evaluating potential mergers and acquisitions of the Company.
- Maintain commercial insurance policies and coverages, including for workers’ compensation and other liability insurance.
- Perform workforce analytics, data analytics, and benchmarking.
- Administer and maintain the Company’s operations.
- Conduct customer marketing.
- Exercise or defend the legal rights of the Company and its employees, customers, contractors and agents.
- Fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided. For example, if an employee provides the Company with bank account information for the purpose of setting up a direct deposit payment option, the Company will use that information to initiate the electronic transfer of the employee’s pay directly to the employee’s bank account.
- Provide, support, and develop the Company’s human resources and personnel functions.
- Create, maintain, and secure personnel files.
- Provide email alerts, Company event registrations and other notices concerning the Company and your employment or job application with the Company (as applicable).
- Carry out the Company’s obligations and enforce the Company’s rights arising from any contracts entered into between the employee and the Company.
- Protect the property or safety of the Company, its customers, or others, as necessary or appropriate.
- Respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to employees or job applicants when collecting their Personal Information.
If you have any questions about this Notice or need to access this Notice in an alternative format due to having a disability, please email email@example.com or call the Company at 1-888-244-9099.