Senior Director, Account Servicing
Headquartered in Boston, Forward Financing has been recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Boston Business Journal and Built In Boston and is certified as a Great Place to Work.® At Forward, we believe every business deserves financial opportunity. That’s why we provide fast, flexible capital to small businesses that have often been underserved by traditional financing options. Our mission is to build a world-class fintech company so our customers and people can reach their full potential. We’re investing in our employees, technology, and customer experience – with long-term success in mind every step of the way.
As Senior Director of Account Servicing, you will play a critical role in shaping the long-term strategy of Forward Financing. With revenue-based financing from Forward, small businesses are entitled to payment relief if they need it. Our award-winning Account Servicing Department (ASD) plays a critical role in supporting our small business customers through payment relief, strengthening our position as a trusted partner. You will directly manage a high-performing team of four Senior Managers, who in turn oversee six Managers and 20+ Account Specialists across locations in the US and Dominican Republic. You will work to continually improve the performance of the department and the service it provides our customers, and you will serve as a strategic leader.
In this role you will:
- Run the Account Servicing Department as a business-within-a-business, managing it, scaling it and generating results that promote our long term strategy, as we continue to scale rapidly. Help to set future direction for the department, as well as execute on these plans, as it relates to the Company's longer term vision.
- Leverage data and analytics to refine core KPIs, compensation programs and processes so the team continually improves the service it provides to customers.
- Enhance our existing processes and implement creative new ways for the team to drive customer engagement, increase our ability to resolve payment issues, and scale as the Company continues to grow.
- Collaborate with the Executive Team to set yearly objectives and key results for the ASD Department and lead the teams forward to meet these goals.
- Attract, grow and develop a team of high-performing Specialists, Managers, and Senior Managers.
- Uphold the highest level of integrity and professionalism in our interactions with customers, continually strengthening our brand, reputation and relationships with them.
- Collaborate with Legal, Underwriting and Sales across the full lifecycle of a deal to ensure we are engaging with customers in the most effective and efficient manner based on their situation.
- Collaborate with our Technology team to develop enhancements to our processes through automation initiatives.
- Bring a relentless / never quit attitude focused on working with customers to achieve the best possible outcome and leave them wanting to work with us again.
(Even if you don’t check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply.)
- 10 years of progressively increasing responsibility in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- 5 years of building and managing a successful high-performing team.
- Relevant experience in collections, account servicing, default-related environments, risk and/or financial services.
- Experience leading, developing and mentoring others effectively.
- History of using data to drive decision making.
- Ability to solicit, receive, and implement feedback with the goal of relentless improvement.
- Strong analytical skills to identify trends, problems and solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience managing supervisors and/or managers preferred.
- Experience managing global teams preferred.
- MBA preferred.
Forward Financing Core Values:
- Drive the Mission - We believe in financial opportunity for underserved small businesses. We say “yes” when others say “no.”
- Keep It Real - We value direct communication, candid feedback, and authenticity. We are an open book.
- Act With Kindness - We create an environment where caring is cool and helping is the norm. We do the right thing.
- Shoot for Extraordinary - We are inspired by innovative thinking and continuous improvement. We never settle for yesterday’s best.
Forward Financing is a fintech company headquartered in Boston that provides fast, flexible, and reliable capital to small businesses nationwide. Since 2012, Forward has provided over $2.3 billion in financing to more than 52,000 small businesses. Forward has been consistently named by the Boston Business Journal and Built In Boston (and more!) as one of the best places to work in Massachusetts.
Forward actively promotes a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion in all we do. We encourage a workplace where trust and respect are paramount and all employees feel valued, heard, and accepted. By accepting diversity of thought, background, and identity, we will continue to become a stronger team and a better organization.
Our diverse and driven group of 440 people, with more than 200 based in the U.S., and 240 internationally, is a 100% employee-owned company. Our employees come to work (or log on virtually!) knowing they are helping thousands of small businesses while advancing their own careers. If this sounds exciting to you, learn more about our leadership team and our open opportunities.
Perks & Benefits:
At Forward, our team members are at the heart of our company, and we are committed to taking care of them as people, not just employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, and commuter benefits, a flexible time-off policy, 401k match, wellness reimbursement, paid volunteering days, annual professional development budget, and charitable donation match.
At Forward, employee choice means each individual gets to decide where they work. Almost all team members have the choice of where to live and where to work. As a business, we are focused on impact; we are more concerned with your contributions to the success of the company than where you get your work done. If face-to-face time is desired, people managers are empowered to find a cadence that works for their team.
When we aren’t collaborating to drive business and support our customers, we’re finding virtual and in-person ways to get to know our colleagues, celebrate team wins, and have fun together!