Manager, Analytics Engineering
Headquartered in Boston, Forward Financing has been recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Boston Business Journal and Built In Boston and is certified as a Great Place to Work.® At Forward, we believe every business deserves financial opportunity. That’s why we provide fast, flexible capital to small businesses that have often been underserved by traditional financing options. Our mission is to build a world-class fintech company so our customers and people can reach their full potential. We’re investing in our employees, technology, and customer experience – with long-term success in mind every step of the way.
As the Manager of Analytics Engineering on our Analytics team, you will manage and grow a team of analytics engineers, and will be responsible for owning the tools and processes that transform our raw data into organized data models that are used by our entire organization. Reporting directly to the Director of Analytics and Data Science, this is an exciting opportunity to take on a leadership role on a team that is tackling many exciting data challenges. As an expert data modeler and analytical problem solver, you will understand business problems, break them down into manageable pieces, generate effective recommendations and execute on providing a solution. We have built a strong analytics foundation, and are looking for someone who can take it to the next level.
Why you should apply:
- Meaningful work. You will make a lasting impact, helping us achieve our mission of helping small businesses. You will also see your impact across teams and on the long term success of Forward Financing.
- You love working with data and collaborating with all types of teams!
- Flexibility is a top priority. Our teams are empowered to do what works for them. This opportunity has 100% fully remote flexibility.
In this role you will:
- Manage and grow a team of Analytics Engineers
- Collaborate closely with Business Intelligence and Data Science teams
- Advise entire Analytics department on how to build and materialize scalable data models
- Advise team on new/advanced dbt functionality
- Manage tools in our modern data stack, including Snowflake, Fivetran, dbt and Census
- Collaborate with our Technology team on projects related to schema changes, automation, predictive models and more
- Manage models and processes used for automation and data science
- Manage relationships with our 3rd-party data providers
(Even if you don’t check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply.)
- 7+ years of experience as a Analytics Engineer, Data Engineer or Business Intelligence Analyst
- 1+ years of management experience
- Expert-level data modeling and SQL skills
- 1+ years experience using dbt and Snowflake
- Ability to create solutions to complex business problems
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with stakeholders
- Experience with Tableau and Looker
- Experience working with lending-related data preferred
Forward Financing Core Values:
- Drive the Mission - We believe in financial opportunity for underserved small businesses. We say “yes” when others say “no.”
- Keep It Real - We value direct communication, candid feedback, and authenticity. We are an open book.
- Act With Kindness - We create an environment where caring is cool and helping is the norm. We do the right thing.
- Shoot for Extraordinary - We are inspired by innovative thinking and continuous improvement. We never settle for yesterday’s best.
Forward Financing is a fintech company headquartered in Boston that provides fast, flexible, and reliable capital to small businesses nationwide. Since 2012, Forward has provided over $1.6 billion in financing to more than 40,000 small businesses. Forward has been consistently named by the Boston Business Journal and Built In Boston (and more!) as one of the best places to work in Massachusetts.
Forward actively promotes a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion in all we do. We encourage a workplace where trust and respect are paramount and all employees feel valued, heard, and accepted. By accepting diversity of thought, background, and identity, we will continue to become a stronger team and a better organization.
Our diverse and driven group of over 400 people, with more than 200 based in the U.S., and 200 internationally, is a 100% employee-owned company. Our employees come to work (or log on virtually!) knowing they are helping thousands of small businesses while advancing their own careers. If this sounds exciting to you, learn more about our leadership team and our open opportunities.
Perks & Benefits:
At Forward, our team members are at the heart of our company, and we are committed to taking care of them as people, not just employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, and commuter benefits, a flexible time-off policy, 401k match, wellness reimbursement, paid volunteering days, annual professional development budget, and charitable donation match.
The health and safety of our colleagues is our top priority, which is why we will continue to follow the latest CDC guidelines on COVID-19 in our office. We have also implemented an Employee Choice policy, so that team members can work where they feel most comfortable.
At Forward, employee choice means each individual gets to decide where they work. Almost all team members have the choice of where to live and where to work. As a business, we are focused on impact; we are more concerned with your contributions to the success of the company than where you get your work done. If face-to-face time is desired, people managers are empowered to find a cadence that works for their team.
When we aren’t collaborating to drive business and support our customers, we’re finding virtual and in-person ways to get to know our colleagues, celebrate team wins, and have fun together!