Headquartered in Boston, Forward Financing has been recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Boston Business Journal and Built In Boston and is certified as a Great Place to Work.® At Forward, we believe every business deserves financial opportunity. That’s why we provide fast, flexible capital to small businesses that have often been underserved by traditional financing options. Our mission is to build a world-class fintech company so our customers and people can reach their full potential. We’re investing in our employees, technology, and customer experience – with long-term success in mind every step of the way.
As Sales Manager of the Paid in Full Portfolio (PIF), you will lead the design and execution of a plan to serve our paid in full customers. You will work closely with the Director, Marketing, and others as appropriate to design the plan, including staffing recommendations. Once approved, you will lead the execution of the plan including the hiring and management of the dedicated PIF team, all with the goal of continued growth and improvement. Your focus will be on your team’s closing of additional or subsequent financings with these particular existing Forward Financing customers in order for the team to achieve and exceed monthly and yearly targets. You should strive to provide a best-in-class experience to our clients within a relationship-based framework.
In this role you will:
- Design and implement the initial strategy for serving this particular group of Forward customers
- Lead and coach team to quota attainment, funding volume, and process improvement
- Guide team on sales activity, KPI’s, and closing tactics
- Display ownership and accountability of the portfolio and deal status'
- Provide guidance to team on driving deals across the finish line
- Actively recruit and hire staff as the team grows
- Support team with deal flow questions
- 5-7 years sales experience
- 2+ years’ experience managing sales reps
- Experience designing a new sales strategy, operations, and process management
- Experience coaching a team and driving results
- Experience in a sales role that is relationship-based
- Ability to learn quickly
- Experience selling to SMB
- Bachelor’s degree
Forward Financing Core Values:
- Drive the Mission - We believe in financial opportunity for underserved small businesses. We say “yes” when others say “no.”
- Keep It Real - We value direct communication, candid feedback, and authenticity. We are an open book.
- Act With Kindness - We create an environment where caring is cool and helping is the norm. We do the right thing.
- Shoot for Extraordinary - We are inspired by innovative thinking and continuous improvement. We never settle for yesterday’s best.
Forward Financing is a fintech company headquartered in Boston that provides fast, flexible, and reliable capital to small businesses nationwide. Since 2012, Forward has provided over $1.6 billion in financing to more than 40,000 small businesses. Forward has been consistently named by the Boston Business Journal and Built In Boston (and more!) as one of the best places to work in Massachusetts.
Forward actively promotes a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion in all we do. We encourage a workplace where trust and respect are paramount and all employees feel valued, heard, and accepted. By accepting diversity of thought, background, and identity, we will continue to become a stronger team and a better organization.
Our diverse and driven group of over 400 people, with more than 200 based in the U.S., and 200 internationally, is a 100% employee-owned company. Our employees come to work (or log on virtually!) knowing they are helping thousands of small businesses while advancing their own careers. If this sounds exciting to you, learn more about our leadership team and our open opportunities.
Perks & Benefits:
At Forward, our team members are at the heart of our company, and we are committed to taking care of them as people, not just employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, and commuter benefits, a flexible time-off policy, 401k match, wellness reimbursement, paid volunteering days, annual professional development budget, and charitable donation match.
The health and safety of our colleagues is our top priority and we currently maintain a policy requiring all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Forward Financing is an equal opportunity employer and will consider a reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. We will continue to follow the latest CDC guidelines in our office and for any planned in-person gatherings. Plus, we have implemented an Employee Choice policy, so team members can work where they feel most comfortable.
At Forward, employee choice means each individual gets to decide where they work. Almost all team members have the choice of where to live and where to work. As a business, we are focused on impact; we are more concerned with your contributions to the success of the company than where you get your work done. If face-to-face time is desired, people managers are empowered to find a cadence that works for their team.
When we aren’t collaborating to drive business and support our customers, we’re finding virtual and in-person ways to get to know our colleagues, celebrate team wins, and have fun together!