Associate Product Owner
Forward Financing has been recognized as one of the fastest-growing fintech companies in Boston for the past five years, as recognized by Boston Business Journal and Inc. Magazine. At Forward, we believe every business deserves financial opportunity. That’s why we provide fast, flexible capital to small businesses that have often been underserved by traditional financing options. Our mission is to build a world-class fintech company so our customers and people can reach their full potential. We’re investing in our employees, technology, and customer experience – with long-term success in mind every step of the way.
As an Associate Product Owner, you will be an integral part of the growth and improvement of our suite of in-house software products. As a rapidly growing company, our product and engineering teams are responsible for actively developing new features for our internal and external stakeholders.
In this role you will:
- Support our business scale goals by:
- Investigating suggestions and issues within applications
- Developing a relationship with the appropriate stakeholders
- Train users in the use of new features for Forward Financing’s tools
- Create and maintain training materials and a self-support FAQ for end-users
- Become a domain expert in Forward’s end-to-end process, and how our applications are utilized
- Work closely with our Product and Engineering teams to suggest product improvements and new features, and manage a backlog
- Communicate day-to-day updates and effectively answer questions from the Tech and Operations teams
- Learn product best practices, and have opportunities to develop product management skills
(Even if you don’t check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply.)
- 1-2 years of technical experience, preferably in a large company with an agile business environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong technical skills, including the ability to use and understand web applications
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly
- Good judgment and ability to prioritize tasks
Nice to have:
- Product management exposure or training
- English/Spanish Bilingual
- Atlassian Product (Jira) knowledge
- monday.com knowledge
Forward Financing Core Values:
- Drive the Mission - We believe in financial opportunity for underserved small businesses. We say “yes” when others say “no.”
- Keep It Real - We value direct communication, candid feedback, and authenticity. We are an open book.
- Act With Kindness - We create an environment where caring is cool and helping is the norm. We do the right thing.
- Shoot for Extraordinary - We are inspired by innovative thinking and continuous improvement. We never settle for yesterday’s best.
Forward Financing is a Boston-based fintech company that provides fast, flexible, and reliable capital to small businesses nationwide. Since 2012, Forward has provided over $1.5 billion in financing to more than 35,000 small businesses. Forward has been consistently named by the Boston Business Journal and Built in Boston (and more!) as one of the best places to work in Massachusetts.
Forward actively promotes a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion in all we do. We encourage a workplace where trust and respect are paramount and all employees feel valued, heard, and accepted. By accepting diversity of thought, background, and identity, we will continue to become a stronger team and a better organization.
We are a diverse and driven group of over 200 people, with an office located in the heart of Boston’s Financial District. Our employees come to work (or log on virtually!) knowing they are helping thousands of small businesses while advancing their own careers. If this sounds exciting to you, learn more about our leadership team and our open opportunities.
Perks & Benefits:
At Forward, our team members are at the heart of our company, and we are committed to taking care of them as people, not just employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, and commuter benefits, a flexible time-off policy, 401k match, wellness reimbursement, paid volunteering days, annual professional development budget, and charitable donation match.
The health and safety of our colleagues is our top priority and we currently maintain a policy requiring all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Forward Financing is an equal opportunity employer and will consider a reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. We will continue to follow the latest CDC guidelines in our office and for any planned in-person gatherings. Plus, we have implemented an Employee Choice policy, so team members can work where they feel most comfortable.
At Forward, employee choice means each individual gets to decide where they work. Almost all team members have the choice of where to live and where to work. As a business, we are focused on impact; we are more concerned with your contributions to the success of the company than where you get your work done. If face-to-face time is desired, people managers are empowered to find a cadence that works for their team.
When we aren’t collaborating to drive business and support our customers, we’re finding virtual and in-person ways to get to know our colleagues, celebrate team wins, and have fun together!