Senior Software Engineer
Forward Financing has been recognized as one of the fastest-growing fintech companies in Boston for the past five years, as recognized by Boston Business Journal and Inc. Magazine. At Forward, we believe every business deserves financial opportunity. That’s why we provide fast, flexible capital to small businesses that have often been underserved by traditional financing options. Our mission is to build a world-class fintech company so our customers and people can reach their full potential. We’re investing in our employees, technology, and customer experience – with long-term success in mind every step of the way.
What’s your favorite local business?
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be developing and architecting robust and scalable modern web solutions, partnering with leadership and product to solve complex business problems, creating ways to advance our technology suite, and implementing best engineering practices.
We are a close knit group that embodies curiosity and collaboration. We check our egos at the door as we greet each other good morning over slack to start our day. We look forward to our weekly ‘Code and Coffee’ sessions to discuss ideas, despite a select few that choose not to drink coffee (it happens). When we’re not hands to keyboard, we’re an eclectic group of woodworkers, musicians, artists, gardeners, gamers, home chefs, athletes and outdoor enthusiasts. Help us add to this list and come join us!
Varied Tech Stack:
All our engineers have the opportunity to work with Typescript, Golang, React, and Ruby (to name a few), but we don’t require experience in all.
In this role you will:
- System Scale: To eventually support our funding of one million small businesses, we are redesigning our tech platform
- Analytics/Machine Learning: use analytics and machine learning to understand the unique context of each prospective customer, so we can deliver the vital capital they need.
- User Experience: create amazing front-end experiences for all our constituents – customers, partners, and employees. Purchasing a financial product should be simple and transparent, and we have an opportunity to
- Payment Processing: Our proprietary Funding Application handles a high volume of daily payments and is able to quickly pause, reduce, or adjust payments for customers.
Forward Financing Core Values:
- Drive the Mission - We believe in financial opportunity for underserved small businesses. We say “yes” when others say “no.”
- Keep It Real - We value direct communication, candid feedback, and authenticity. We are an open book.
- Act With Kindness - We create an environment where caring is cool and helping is the norm. We do the right thing.
- Shoot for Extraordinary - We are inspired by innovative thinking and continuous improvement. We never settle for yesterday’s best.
Forward Financing is a Boston-based fintech company that provides fast, flexible, and reliable capital to small businesses nationwide. Since 2012, Forward has provided over $1.5 billion in financing to more than 35,000 small businesses. Forward has been consistently named by the Boston Business Journal and Built in Boston (and more!) as one of the best places to work in Massachusetts.
Forward actively promotes a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion in all we do. We encourage a workplace where trust and respect are paramount and all employees feel valued, heard, and accepted. By accepting diversity of thought, background, and identity, we will continue to become a stronger team and a better organization.
We are a diverse and driven group of over 200 people, with an office located in the heart of Boston’s Financial District. Our employees come to work (or log on virtually!) knowing they are helping thousands of small businesses while advancing their own careers. If this sounds exciting to you, learn more about our leadership team and our open opportunities.
Perks & Benefits:
At Forward, our team members are at the heart of our company, and we are committed to taking care of them as people, not just employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, and commuter benefits, a flexible time-off policy, 401k match, wellness reimbursement, paid volunteering days, annual professional development budget, and charitable donation match.
The health and safety of our colleagues is our top priority and we currently maintain a policy requiring all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Forward Financing is an equal opportunity employer and will consider a reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. We will continue to follow the latest CDC guidelines in our office and for any planned in-person gatherings. Plus, we have implemented an Employee Choice policy, so team members can work where they feel most comfortable.
At Forward, employee choice means each individual gets to decide where they work. Almost all team members have the choice of where to live and where to work. As a business, we are focused on impact; we are more concerned with your contributions to the success of the company than where you get your work done. If face-to-face time is desired, people managers are empowered to find a cadence that works for their team.
When we aren’t collaborating to drive business and support our customers, we’re finding virtual and in-person ways to get to know our colleagues, celebrate team wins, and have fun together!