Senior Specialist, Internal Communications
Forward Financing has been recognized as one of the fastest-growing fintech companies in Boston for the past five years, as recognized by Boston Business Journal and Inc. Magazine. At Forward, we believe every business deserves financial opportunity. That’s why we provide fast, flexible capital to small businesses that have often been underserved by traditional financing options. Our mission is to build a world-class fintech company so our customers and people can reach their full potential. We’re investing in our employees, technology, and customer experience – with long-term success in mind every step of the way.
As Senior Specialist, Internal Communications, you will be part of a growing Marketing team, reporting into the Director of Marketing. In close partnership with our People & Culture colleagues, you will help to develop a strategy for comprehensive, motivating, and engaging employee communications, and you will execute on that strategy to bring it to life. You will create structure and consistency across top-down communications. You will develop ways to optimize cross-functional communication, which is becoming increasingly important as our organization scales.
In this role you will:
- Working with the Director of Marketing, develop a strategy for internal communications at Forward
- Develop a structure for cascading important information from the leadership team to the employee base
- Cultivate ideas for enhancing cross-functional communication to ensure all teams understand what other departments are working on and that synergies exist
- Create all content for business-focused updates (e.g., emails, slide decks, speaking notes, etc.) to the employee base
- Collaborate with colleagues, including leadership team members, to develop plan for and create presentations for all-employee meetings
- Serve as the point of contact for communication with our Dominican Republic-based team, so they can leverage U.S.-based communication work
- Establish benchmarks for employee perception of internal communication and ideate on ways to track and improve
- Partner with colleagues in People & Culture to ensure seamless alignment between broad, business-focused internal communications and culture-based communications
- Partner with graphic designer to develop visually engaging, on-brand internal communications
(Even if you don’t check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply.)
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of communications experience; experience with internal communication strongly preferred
- Excellent writing skills, which can be shared through writing samples
- Advanced skills at creating slide decks (i.e., PPT, Google Slides), with a corresponding talk track, that tell a cohesive story and are visually engaging and on brand
- Meticulous attention to detail and organizational skills
- Willingness to be with team in-person in Boston occasionally (approximately once per month); remainder of work time can be employee choice between in-office, remote, or hybrid
Forward Financing Core Values:
- People First – We build relationships and genuinely care about each other.
- We Before Me – We prioritize team success over individual success.
- Be Candid – We are authentic, transparent, and direct.
- Do the Right Thing – We act with integrity and we don’t cut corners.
- Relentless Improvement – We push ourselves, never settling for the best we did yesterday.
- Be Positive – We are optimistic and assume positive intent.
Forward Financing is a Boston-based fintech company that provides fast, flexible, and reliable capital to small businesses nationwide. Since 2012, Forward has provided over $1.5 billion in financing to more than 35,000 small businesses. Forward has been consistently named by the Boston Business Journal and Built in Boston (and more!) as one of the best places to work in Massachusetts.
Forward actively promotes a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion in all we do. We encourage a workplace where trust and respect are paramount and all employees feel valued, heard, and accepted. By accepting diversity of thought, background, and identity, we will continue to become a stronger team and a better organization.
We are a diverse and driven group of over 200 people, with an office located in the heart of Boston’s Financial District. Our employees come to work (or log on virtually!) knowing they are helping thousands of small businesses while advancing their own careers. If this sounds exciting to you, learn more about our leadership team and our open opportunities.
Perks & Benefits:
At Forward, our team members are at the heart of our company, and we are committed to taking care of them as people, not just employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, and commuter benefits, a flexible time-off policy, 401k match, wellness reimbursement, paid volunteering days, annual professional development budget, and charitable donation match.
The health and safety of our colleagues is our top priority and we currently maintain a policy requiring all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Forward Financing is an equal opportunity employer and will consider a reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. We will continue to follow the latest CDC guidelines in our office and for any planned in-person gatherings. Plus, we have implemented an Employee Choice policy, so team members can work where they feel most comfortable.
At Forward, employee choice means each individual gets to decide where they work. Almost all team members have the choice of where to live and where to work. As a business, we are focused on impact; we are more concerned with your contributions to the success of the company than where you get your work done. If face-to-face time is desired, people managers are empowered to find a cadence that works for their team.
When we aren’t collaborating to drive business and support our customers, we’re finding virtual and in-person ways to get to know our colleagues, celebrate team wins, and have fun together!