Senior Manager, Account Servicing Customer Service
Headquartered in Boston, Forward Financing has been recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Boston Business Journal and Built In Boston and is certified as a Great Place to Work.® At Forward, we believe every business deserves financial opportunity. That’s why we provide fast, flexible capital to small businesses that have often been underserved by traditional financing options. Our mission is to build a world-class fintech company so our customers and people can reach their full potential. We’re investing in our employees, technology, and customer experience – with long-term success in mind every step of the way.
As Senior Manager, Customer Service you will lead the Customer Service tier of our award winning Account Servicing Department (ASD). With revenue-based financing from Forward, small businesses are entitled to payment relief if they need it. Account Servicing plays a critical role in supporting our small business customers through payment relief, strengthening our position as their trusted partner. As Senior Manager, you will coach and develop a team of 4+ Managers, who in turn oversee 20+ Account Specialists. As leader of the Customer Service tier, you will create and maintain a positive culture by implementing processes that drive growth, motivate our teams, and positively impact our customers.
Why you should apply:
- Meaningful work. Apply your expertise at a growing company where your decisions get implemented and you have the chance to build something new.
- Mission driven company. Forward is a trusted source of fast, flexible funding for small businesses that have often been underserved by traditional financing options. When you join the team, you will help ensure all small businesses have access to the financial support they need to succeed.
- Flexibility is a top priority. Our employees are empowered to choose where they want to work (whether that’s from home, in the office, or a combination of both) with flexible hours.
In this role you will:
- Provide mentorship, coaching, and leadership to a team of four Customer Service Managers, each of whom oversees teams of 4-5 Account Specialists.
- Identify areas for enhancement in customer service processes in order to drive efficiency and improve the overall customer experience.
- Monitor and analyze key performance metrics of the customer service teams through the use of pre-existing reports and dashboards.
- Actively collaborate with others on the senior management team to identify issues, opportunities, and trends that affect the department’s performance.
- Prepare for and run weekly and monthly meetings with the four customer service teams, managers, and the department.
- Present to the Leadership Team on a formal and informal basis, regularly.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across the organization such as Underwriting, Technology, and the leadership team.
(Even if you don’t check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply.)
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of professional customer service experience.
- 2+ years of experience managing customer service supervisors and/or managers.
- Experience in coaching a team and driving results.
- Team player who asks questions and takes the initiative to suggest improvements on current processes and systems.
- Good listening skills with the ability to see situations from the perspective of others.
- Ability to solicit, receive, and implement feedback with the goal of relentless improvement.
Forward Financing Core Values:
- Drive the Mission - We believe in financial opportunity for underserved small businesses. We say “yes” when others say “no.”
- Keep It Real - We value direct communication, candid feedback, and authenticity. We are an open book.
- Act With Kindness - We create an environment where caring is cool and helping is the norm. We do the right thing.
- Shoot for Extraordinary - We are inspired by innovative thinking and continuous improvement. We never settle for yesterday’s best.
Forward Financing is a fintech company headquartered in Boston that provides fast, flexible, and reliable capital to small businesses nationwide. Since 2012, Forward has provided over $1.6 billion in financing to more than 40,000 small businesses. Forward has been consistently named by the Boston Business Journal and Built In Boston (and more!) as one of the best places to work in Massachusetts.
Forward actively promotes a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion in all we do. We encourage a workplace where trust and respect are paramount and all employees feel valued, heard, and accepted. By accepting diversity of thought, background, and identity, we will continue to become a stronger team and a better organization.
Our diverse and driven group of over 400 people, with more than 200 based in the U.S., and 200 internationally, is a 100% employee-owned company. Our employees come to work (or log on virtually!) knowing they are helping thousands of small businesses while advancing their own careers. If this sounds exciting to you, learn more about our leadership team and our open opportunities.
Perks & Benefits:
At Forward, our team members are at the heart of our company, and we are committed to taking care of them as people, not just employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, and commuter benefits, a flexible time-off policy, 401k match, wellness reimbursement, paid volunteering days, annual professional development budget, and charitable donation match.
The health and safety of our colleagues is our top priority and we currently maintain a policy requiring all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Forward Financing is an equal opportunity employer and will consider a reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. We will continue to follow the latest CDC guidelines in our office and for any planned in-person gatherings. Plus, we have implemented an Employee Choice policy, so team members can work where they feel most comfortable.
At Forward, employee choice means each individual gets to decide where they work. Almost all team members have the choice of where to live and where to work. As a business, we are focused on impact; we are more concerned with your contributions to the success of the company than where you get your work done. If face-to-face time is desired, people managers are empowered to find a cadence that works for their team.
When we aren’t collaborating to drive business and support our customers, we’re finding virtual and in-person ways to get to know our colleagues, celebrate team wins, and have fun together!