Headquartered in Boston, Forward Financing has been recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Boston Business Journal and Built In Boston and is certified as a Great Place to Work.® At Forward, we believe every business deserves financial opportunity. That’s why we provide fast, flexible capital to small businesses that have often been underserved by traditional financing options. Our mission is to build a world-class fintech company so our customers and people can reach their full potential. We’re investing in our employees, technology, and customer experience – with long-term success in mind every step of the way.
We are seeking an ambitious, resourceful and detail-oriented professional to join our Legal Department. As a Compliance Assistant, you will support the Legal Department’s compliance initiatives. You will report to one of our senior compliance professionals and work collaboratively with our Compliance Team and internal partners to increase the efficiency and drive growth for the business.
In this role you will:
- Perform reviews of written and verbal communications of representatives, third parties, and customers to ensure compliance with performance guidelines and best practices
- Provide qualitative and quantitative feedback from reviews to the Compliance Team and various departments
- Complete substantive and thorough audits of specific reporting metrics
- Assist with communications to department managers to identify improvement areas and ensure all representatives and third parties are following guidelines, policies, and laws
- Create and facilitate the implementation of compliance trainings, reports, and guidelines
- Help identify opportunities for improvement within the Compliance program and overall business
- Execute ad-hoc research and analysis to support the Legal Department as needed
(Even if you don’t check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply.)
- At least 1 year of related experience, ideally in a compliance or legal role
- Bachelor's degree
- Meticulous attention to detail and organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
Forward Financing Core Values:
- Drive the Mission - We believe in financial opportunity for underserved small businesses. We say “yes” when others say “no.”
- Keep It Real - We value direct communication, candid feedback, and authenticity. We are an open book.
- Act With Kindness - We create an environment where caring is cool and helping is the norm. We do the right thing.
- Shoot for Extraordinary - We are inspired by innovative thinking and continuous improvement. We never settle for yesterday’s best.
Forward Financing is a fintech company headquartered in Boston that provides fast, flexible, and reliable capital to small businesses nationwide. Since 2012, Forward has provided over $1.6 billion in financing to more than 40,000 small businesses. Forward has been consistently named by the Boston Business Journal and Built In Boston (and more!) as one of the best places to work in Massachusetts.
Forward actively promotes a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion in all we do. We encourage a workplace where trust and respect are paramount and all employees feel valued, heard, and accepted. By accepting diversity of thought, background, and identity, we will continue to become a stronger team and a better organization.
Our diverse and driven group of over 400 people, with more than 200 based in the U.S., and 200 internationally, is a 100% employee-owned company. Our employees come to work (or log on virtually!) knowing they are helping thousands of small businesses while advancing their own careers. If this sounds exciting to you, learn more about our leadership team and our open opportunities.
Perks & Benefits:
At Forward, our team members are at the heart of our company, and we are committed to taking care of them as people, not just employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, and commuter benefits, a flexible time-off policy, 401k match, wellness reimbursement, paid volunteering days, annual professional development budget, and charitable donation match.
The health and safety of our colleagues is our top priority and we currently maintain a policy requiring all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Forward Financing is an equal opportunity employer and will consider a reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. We will continue to follow the latest CDC guidelines in our office and for any planned in-person gatherings. Plus, we have implemented an Employee Choice policy, so team members can work where they feel most comfortable.
At Forward, employee choice means each individual gets to decide where they work. Almost all team members have the choice of where to live and where to work. As a business, we are focused on impact; we are more concerned with your contributions to the success of the company than where you get your work done. If face-to-face time is desired, people managers are empowered to find a cadence that works for their team.
When we aren’t collaborating to drive business and support our customers, we’re finding virtual and in-person ways to get to know our colleagues, celebrate team wins, and have fun together!