Senior Technical Product Manager
Forward Financing has been recognized as one of the fastest-growing fintech companies in Boston for the past five years, as recognized by Boston Business Journal and Inc. Magazine. At Forward, we believe every business deserves financial opportunity. That’s why we provide fast, flexible capital to small businesses that have often been underserved by traditional financing options. Our mission is to build a world-class fintech company so our customers and people can reach their full potential. We’re investing in our employees, technology, and customer experience – with long-term success in mind every step of the way.
As a Senior Technical Product Manager, you will be reporting to our Director of Product during a time of dramatic growth, working with agile development teams, collaborating with stakeholders to tackle sophisticated business problems, innovating ways to scale our business, improving the user experience of our products, and implementing best product practices.
In this role you will:
Work closely with our DevOps and Platform Engineers to coordinate, plan, and prioritize improvements to Forward’s infrastructure, software, local development environments, and integrations
- Collaborate with stakeholders on product strategy, vision, and technical roadmaps
- Define and leverage metrics to identify and prioritize work.
- Coordinate with design teams to produce prototypes, work with engineering and project management to execute strategic ideas, and partner with technical stakeholders across the organization to implement impactful changes
- Obtain requirements and feedback from stakeholders including our internal development teams, and adjust product specifications and user stories as needed
- Utilize product strategies to identify creative opportunities to improve our speed, quality, and internal users experience
- Ensure product development is on track and coordinate with leadership to adjust schedules as required
(Even if you don’t check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply.)
- 3+ years experience in Technical Product Management; 7+ years professional experience using Jira, product management tools
- Expert in applying agile methodologies to highly dependent, coupled projects crossing multiple workstreams and teams
- Strong technical knowledge of networking, infrastructure, containerization, and cloud technologies (we use AWS)
- Demonstrated success understanding and translating technical requirements from engineers for non-technical stakeholders
- Experience managing and mentoring team members, and assuming leadership responsibilities including multi-team planning and coordination
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Expertise in agile software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including agile estimation/planning, building, testing, and operations
- Technical experience (ideally as full-stack engineer, data engineer, or architect) that enables you to understand the nuances of ETL, CI/CD, Uptime Monitoring, developer workflows, and other engineering concepts.
Forward Financing Core Values:
- People First – We build relationships and genuinely care about each other.
- We Before Me – We prioritize team success over individual success.
- Be Candid – We are authentic, transparent, and direct.
- Do the Right Thing – We act with integrity and we don’t cut corners.
- Relentless Improvement – We push ourselves, never settling for the best we did yesterday.
- Be Positive – We are optimistic and assume positive intent.
Forward Financing is a Boston-based fintech company that provides fast, flexible, and reliable capital to small businesses nationwide. Since 2012, Forward has provided over $1.5 billion in financing to more than 35,000 small businesses. Forward has been consistently named by the Boston Business Journal and Built in Boston (and more!) as one of the best places to work in Massachusetts.
Forward actively promotes a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion in all we do. We encourage a workplace where trust and respect are paramount and all employees feel valued, heard, and accepted. By accepting diversity of thought, background, and identity, we will continue to become a stronger team and a better organization.
We are a diverse and driven group of over 200 people, with an office located in the heart of Boston’s Financial District. Our employees come to work (or log on virtually!) knowing they are helping thousands of small businesses while advancing their own careers. If this sounds exciting to you, learn more about our leadership team and our open opportunities.
Perks & Benefits:
At Forward, our team members are at the heart of our company, and we are committed to taking care of them as people, not just employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, and commuter benefits, a flexible time-off policy, 401k match, wellness reimbursement, paid volunteering days, annual professional development budget, and charitable donation match.
The health and safety of our colleagues is our top priority and we currently maintain a policy requiring all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Forward Financing is an equal opportunity employer and will consider a reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. We will continue to follow the latest CDC guidelines in our office and for any planned in-person gatherings. Plus, we have implemented an Employee Choice policy, so team members can work where they feel most comfortable.
At Forward, employee choice means each individual gets to decide where they work. Almost all team members have the choice of where to live and where to work. As a business, we are focused on impact; we are more concerned with your contributions to the success of the company than where you get your work done. If face-to-face time is desired, people managers are empowered to find a cadence that works for their team.
When we aren’t collaborating to drive business and support our customers, we’re finding virtual and in-person ways to get to know our colleagues, celebrate team wins, and have fun together!